Descroption: After the death of one of the rich and popular Blossom twins on the 4th of July, the small town of Riverdale investigates the murder. The series starts in September, the beginning of a new school year, that brings with it new students, relationships, and reveals the mysteries of the past 4th of July.
Creator: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
Stars: K.J. Apa, Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes
Taglines: A Great Place to Get Away With It All
- During the first season (2017), many 75th annual events occur in the town of Riverdale, such as the 75th Annual Variety Show and the 75th Anniversary Jubilee. Seventy-five years before this, the characters Archie, Betty, and Veronica were created by publisher John L. Goldwater and artist Bob Montana, and they were introduced in Pep Comics #22 in December 1941.
- The top view of the whole town is also used in Pretty Little Liars (2010), Witches of East End (2013), The Carrie Diaries (2013), Gilmore Girls (2000), Bitten, and Hart of Dixie (2011). The set itself is used on Pretty Little Liars, Gilmore Girls, and Hart of Dixie. And the diner in The Carrie Diaries is the same place as the Chock Lit Shoppe in Riverdale.
- In this series, Jughead wears a pronged beanie as an updated version of the whoopee cap that the character traditionally wears in the comics. The whoopee cap was a popular hat for kids of the early 20th century, made by cutting a fedora into a crown-like shape.
- Cole Sprouse originally wanted to audition for the role of Archie, but he ended up liking Jughead’s character better.
- Cole Sprouse had just finished binge-watching The Twilight Zone when he auditioned, which inspired him to read his character’s narration in the style of Rod Serling.