Description: Four female New Yorkers gossip about their sex lives (or lack thereof) and find new ways to deal with being a woman in the late 1990s.
Creator: Darren Star
Stars: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis
- The next best thing to being there.
- Are you ready for more?
- Even when she was being shot from the waist up, Kim Cattrall insisted on wearing heels. She said it made her feel more like Samantha.
- The medicine cabinet in Carrie’s apartment was first spied by Sarah Jessica Parker at a flea market shortly before filming began on the series. She and Matthew Broderick didn’t buy it, but reconsidered. When they went back, the cabinet was already sold to “some television show”. When she showed up for filming, the medicine cabinet was there.
- The first cable series to win an Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series.
- Sarah Jessica Parker had a clause in her contract for this show stipulating that she will not do any full nudity. This is why the audience never sees Carrie in anything less than underwear, whereas all the other main female characters have been filmed in much less.
- The first dog who played Pete was scared of John Corbett, so they had to get a new dog.
- The naturally blonde Cynthia Nixon dyed her hair red to play Miranda on the show.
- The early episodes of the show had characters looking directly at the camera lens and commenting on the events in the story. This element was dropped in the last episodes of season 2.
- There are only eight episodes in season five, due to Sarah Jessica Parker’s pregnancy.
- Kim Cattrall turned down the role of Samantha Jones twice before being convinced by Darren Star’s boyfriend to give it a try and shoot the pilot episode.