Description: A mediocre paper company in the hands of Scranton, PA branch manager Michael Scott. This mockumentary follows the everyday lives of the manager and the employees he “manages.” The crew follows the employees around 24/7 and captures their quite humorous and bizarre encounters as they will do what it takes to keep the company thriving.
Creators: Greg Daniels, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant
Stars: Steve Carell, Jenna Fischer, John Krasinski
- A comedy for anyone whose boss is an idiot.
- An NBC comedy not for everyone. Just anyone that works.
- America’s stuck in (crossed out) on the office.
- John Krasinski and B.J. Novak went to high school together. They went to Newton South High School in Newton, Massachusetts, and they both graduated in 1997. They were even on the same little league baseball team.
- When John Krasinski (Jim Halpert) got the role of Jim, the first thing he asked the casting director was “did Jenna Fischer (Pam) get the role?” Similarly, when Jenna got the job, the first thing she asked the casting director was about John getting the role.
- The computers on the Dunder Mifflin office set were wired for the internet. Cast members admitted that when they’re in the background of scenes, they were often checking e-mail and surfing the net.
- The show had to stop production in November 2007 because of a writer’s strike. Steve Carell (himself a WGA member) supported the writers, and refused to cross the picket lines, even for non-writing duties. Carell went so far as to call in sick to the network on the first day of the strike, citing a case of “enlarged balls” as the reason he couldn’t come in.
- Rainn Wilson originally auditioned for the role of Michael Scott before being cast as Dwight Schrute.
- Jenna Fischer (Pam) and Angela Kinsey (Angela) are best friends in real life.